Data Privacy Notice
Richardson Insurance Solutions DAC is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and would like you to feel safe when you give us your personal details.
We will clearly identify ourselves in correspondence and on our website. Our principal business is to provide advice and arrange transactions on behalf of clients in relation to life & pensions and general insurance products. To provide you with relevant information, meet regulatory requirements in relation to our activity as an insurance intermediary and respond to your requests we sometimes request that you provide us with information about yourself.
This Privacy Notice will inform you of the information we gather and how it is used. Richardson Insurance Solutions DAC maintains the same privacy practices with respect to data that is collected off-line and on-line and this notice also covers both those methods of data collection and use. Richardson Insurance Solutions DAC complies with EU General Data Protection Directive (GDPR) for the collection, use, and retention of all personal data.
What personal data do we collect from you?
In general, you may visit our website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Richardson Insurance Solutions DAC collects domain information from your visit to customise and improve your experience on our website.
This website may collect certain information from your visit, including the date and time of your access, the pages you have accessed, the name of the Internet Service Provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address by which you are accessing the Internet, and the Internet address from which you linked to our site, if applicable. We use this information to better understand how our website is being used so that we can improve its performance.
Some portions of this website may request that you give us information about yourself, from which we are able to identify you, such as your name, email or other address. Some of the ways in which we may collect information from you are:
Subscription to newsletters or other Richardson Insurance Solutions DAC content-related correspondence
Event registrations for seminars, conferences, etc.
White paper or other downloads
Why we collect personal information
We are committed to collecting and using personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws including GDPR and Irish Data Protection legislation.
Where we collect or use personal information we will make sure that we do this for a valid reason.
This will be for at least one of the following purposes.
- To arrange, manage, administer or handle claims in accordance with the terms of one of our insurance, pension or investment products.
- To meet responsibilities we have to our regulators, tax authorities, law enforcement, or to otherwise meet our legal requirements.
- To operate and improve our portfolio of products and services and keep people informed about what we can offer.
- To assess your needs and assess product suitability which is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
- To administer and renew your policies so that we can fulfil our contract with you.
- To assess whether to provide insurance and the level of premium to be paid which is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and to help us fulfil our contract with you.
- To process your premium and other payments
- For claims management including investigating, processing, undertaking dispute resolution and settling claims which is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and to help us fulfil our contract with you.
- For any other purposes where we have asked for and obtained consent to use personal information.
Use of the information we gather
When we collect information about you, we intend to tell you why we are asking for the information and what we intend to do with it. You will have the option of not providing the information, in which case you may still be able to access other parts of this website, although you may not be able to access certain services. In certain areas of our website, we may, where appropriate, enable you to ‘opt in’ to certain uses of your information e.g. personal data and direct marketing. Data will not be held for longer than is necessary, credit card transactions will be held for the duration of the transaction and general client details will be held while you are a customer.
The information we collect about you or your computer is used to run the website, respond to your requests or process any transactions you have requested. It may also be used to verify your identity, send you information or contact you in relation to a Richardson Insurance Solutions DAC product or service that you are using or that we believe may be of interest to you after you have chosen to ‘Opt in’.
The legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract which you have entered into with us or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests which we pursue prior to contract (e.g. in providing you with quotes and proposals about our services) and post contract details, see such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms which require the protection of your information;
- Processing based on your consent which we obtained from you when you purchased your product,
- Processing data concerning health where necessary and proportionate for the provision of insurance or pension policies.
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Processing that you have provided consent for with respect to processing for one or more specific purposes (e.g. subscribing to a mailing list, entering a competition, submitting a request for information or communication).
How long we keep your personal information for
- We maintain a retention policy to ensure we keep personal information only for as long as we reasonably need it.
- We need to retain personal information for the period necessary to administer the policy and as long as is required/permitted by law and/or in respect of any potential dispute in relation to the policy. Currently this would commonly be 7 years from the later of the date when the customer relationship ceases or a claim in payment ceases.
- You have various rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to:
- request access to your personal information
- correct any mistakes on our records
- erase or restrict records where they are no longer required
- object to our use of personal information based on legitimate interests or public interests
- ask not to be subject to solely automated decision making if the decision produces legal or other significant effects on you
- move (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) certain data to other providers (data portability).
- We will respond to your request in writing, or orally if requested, as soon as practicable and in any event not more than within one month after receipt of your request. In exceptional cases, we may extend this period by two months and we will tell you why. We may request proof of identification to verify your request.
- Richardson Insurance Solutions DAC intent is to strictly protect the security of your personal information; honour your choice for its intended use; and carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. We have taken appropriate steps to safeguard and secure information we collect online, including the use of encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information.
- However, you should always take into consideration that the internet is an open forum and that data may flow across networks with little or no security measures, and therefore such information may be accessed by people other than those you intended to access it.
- How to update and/or amend the personal information you have provided
- You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do (subject to certain limitations), to have access to that information and have it corrected if it is inaccurate or out of date. To exercise your Right of Access or to update your details under your Right of Rectification or Erasure please email your request to the contact address below with proof of identity.
- Business Relationships
- This website contains links to other websites. Richardson Insurance Solutions DAC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Richardson Insurance Solutions DAC uses pixels, transparent GIF files and other methods to help manage online advertising.
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy notice or practices, please contact us. Richardson Insurance Solutions DAC may modify or update this Privacy notice from time to time at any time without prior notice. You can check the “Last Updated” date below to see when the notice was last changed. We encourage you to check this notice often so that you can continue be aware of how we are protecting your personal information. Your continued use of the website
constitutes your consent to the contents of this privacy notice, as it may be modified from time to time.
GDPR PN V1
13th Nov 2019
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the firms GDPR Owner by emailing: email@example.com
You may also lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Ireland, whose details are:
Data Protection Commission
Co. Laois, R32 AP23
Phone: + 353 57 868 4800 / + 353 761 104 800
Fax: + 353 57 868 4757